The following guidelines are based on information provided by the College of Massage Therapists of BC, the Registered Massage Therapists Association of BC, BC Centre for Disease Control, WorkSafe BC and the Provincial Health Officer of BC. While it is not possible to eliminate all risk, I will do my best to minimize the risk of exposure to COVID-19.
- I will keep a daily self-monitoring log, including temperature, symptoms, and contacts outside of the treatment room.
- I will cancel your appointment if I experience any COVID-19 symptoms.
- I will contact you 1 day prior to your scheduled appointment to pre-screen for COVID-19 symptoms and confirm you have NOT travelled outside Canada in the past 14 days.
- Please wait in your car until 5 minutes prior to your appointment start time to ensure time to clean and prepare the treatment room for you.
- I will provide hand sanitizer for you upon entering and prior to leaving the treatment room.
- Physical distancing of 2 metres whenever possible (except during actual massage treatment)
- The washroom is for emergency use only.
- Everyone will have to complete a COVID-19 waiver.
- Review pre-screening questions upon arrival for your massage.
- I will wear a new disposable mask for each treatment.
- You can bring and wear your own mask or I will have a disposable paper mask available for use.
- Objects that cannot be washed or sanitized have been removed from the treatment room.
- All surfaces that the therapist or client touches will be cleaned with a Health Canada approved disinfectant between every treatment.
- All linens and blankets will be laundered after every use.
- As always, I commit to frequent and proper handwashing between every client.
- Payment will be accepted as e-transfer and all receipts will be emailed.
- Clients with ANY symptoms of cold or flu will NOT be treated but can re-schedule their appointment when fully recovered.
- HONEST communication between client and therapist about what is needed to feel safe to return to massage therapy treatments.
The guidelines emphasize a combination of screening, self-assessment, hand hygiene, distancing when possible, mask use when unable to physically distance, enhanced cleaning and honest communication to help us all move forward as safely as possible. Please contact me if you have any questions or concerns regarding the new changes or your appointment.